PJ Our Way is supporting members on their Jewish journeys
In 2017, for the first time since the program expanded nationally, the Harold Grinspoon Foundation hired a strategic learning firm, Informing Change, to collect feedback from both PJ Our Way parents and kid members. Responses from more than 6,000 subscriber families (29% response rate), and 1,500 non-subscriber families, will help shape the future of PJ Our Way!
PJ Our Way has helped members…
- 69% talk about Jewish things with their family or friends
- 80% feel connected to the Jewish community
- 63% think about celebrating their Bar/Bat Mitzvah
- 90% have received questions from their kids about the Jewish things in their PJ Our Way books
- 91% PJ Our Way books helped their family talk about Jewish things, such as traditions, values, and/or customs
PJ OUR WAY FAMILIES
Families of many backgrounds are choosing to continue receiving monthly Jewish books when their child reaches the age of eligibility for PJ Our Way.
- 24% of PJ Our Way families have parents who identify as intermarried
- 41% of PJ Our Way families have at least one family member who did not grow up Jewish
- 83% of PJ Our Way members were previously enrolled in PJ Library
PJ OUR WAY MEMBERS
- 99% of PJ Our Way members agree with the statement “I am proud to be Jewish.”
- 69% of PJ Our Way members reported reading 5-7 days a week. In Scholastic’s 2016 Kids & Family Reading Study, 39% of 9-11 year olds reported reading that often.
In the past year, among PJ Our Way members…
- 33% attended a Jewish youth group
- 48% attended Jewish summer camp
We learned that parents are still very much involved in their children’s PJ Our Way experience.
- 31% of parents usually take the lead in book selection
- 69% of parents have read at least some of their kid’s PJ Our Way books
Download more details about the 2017 study. Both sets of survey questions used in the study can be found here:
If you have questions about the results of the 2017 PJ Our Way Impact Evaluation or the methodology behind it, please review the FAQ page on PJLibrary.org. Still have questions or want to learn more? Email email@example.com.
Upcoming PJ Library Events